The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- Fire Safety Seminar and Fire Drill with the BFP-Iloilo City equipped MGB personnel on fire protection
- MGB, DENR gives all out support to the Province of Iloilo in preserving the Iloilo rivers against over-extraction of quarry resources
- DENR Secretary Cimatu orders strict monitoring and imposition of sanctions on non-compliant miners
- New MGB Director assumes post
- DENR, MGB-6 reminds anew the risk of having landslides and floods