The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- DENR proposes operating mining contractors and permit holders under care and maintenance to establish the Final Mine Rehabilitation and Decommissioning Fund
- MGB RO 6 RD Juguan talks about the importance of minerals
- DENR excludes quarry resources from the mining moratorium
- MGB RO 6 DENR will conduct a vulnerability and risk assessment (VRA) of 14 municipalities
- MGB RO 6 service awardees and retiree honored