The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- DENR, MGB issues guidelines for the care and maintenance program of mining projects
- DENR MGB issues stricter guidelines on the disposition of residual stockpiles from previous operations
- DENR MGB RO-6 highlights responsible mining and improving work productivity
- MGB’s 121st Founding Anniversary calls for commitment towards #MineResponsibility
- #BidaAngHanda DENR-MGB6 joins in the 2019 Fourth Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill