The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- 9th Visayas Minerals and Energy Summit of the PSEM-Visayas kicks off in Iloilo City tomorrow
- MGB RO-6 capacitates permit holders, MRFCs and MMTs in improving the safety, health, environmental and social development programs of mining projects
- MGB RO-6 attended “We adapt: A Learning Event on Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Act” while celebrating the National Women’s Month
- UPDATES on the 9th Visayas Minerals and Energy Summit organized by the Philippine Society of Mining Engineers, Visayas Chapter and MGB
- MGB RO-6 conducts training workshop for PMRBs to strengthen the implementation of MGB devolved functions