The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- MGB, DENR RO-6 holds Management Conference
- MGB, DENR RO-6 gives list of highly-susceptible areas to landslides and flood
- MGB, DENR RO-6 makes geohazards, vulnerability and risk assessment understood during Environment Month IEC for DENR 6 personnel
- MGB, DENR RO-6 orients the Philippine Coast Guard Frontliners on the mining law
- MGB, DENR RO-6 conducts an orientation on the standard checklist and scorecards for monitoring mining work programs