The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- Ease of doing business for aggregate and small-scale mining industry tackled at the Iloilo permit holder’s general assembly
- New mining fiscal regime proposal approved at the House Committee for Appropriations
- DENR, MGB 6 participated in the launching of Retooled Community Support Program (RCSP) in Isabela, Negros Occidental
- DENR, MGB issues guidelines for the care and maintenance program of mining projects
- DENR MGB issues stricter guidelines on the disposition of residual stockpiles from previous operations