The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- MGB RO-re-oriented LGU-issued permit holders on new policies and standards on small scale mining and quarrying operations
- Geo-resistivity training equipped MGB RO-6 technical personnel
- DENR advised to maximize MGB geohazard map in preventing landslide and flooding disasters
- MGB RO-6, DENR passed surveillance audit, commended for integrated management system (IMS) implementation
- MGB RO-6 conducted ISO management review