The MGB, as steward of the country’s mineral resources, is committed to the promotion of sustainable mineral resources development, aware of its contribution to national economic growth and countryside community development. It fully recognizes that the development of a responsive policy framework in partnership with stakeholders to govern mineral exploration, mining and investment decisions and an effective institutional structure, are fundamental requisites for the sustainable utilization of the country’s mineral resources. It is adherent to the promotion of geological studies as an integral element of socio-economic development, environmental protection and human safety. Yet, it is sensitive to the known environmental impacts of mining and the need for restoration and rehabilitation of mining affected areas and the development and adoption of environmental and geoscientific technologies.
- MGB, DENR RO-6 conducts an orientation on the standard checklist and scorecards for monitoring mining work programs
- MGB, DENR RO-6 tackles policies on accreditation of mineral traders, dealers and retailers of mineral products during PMRFC Iloilo meeting
- DENR, MGB RO-6 attended the multi-stakeholders forum of the Diocese of Kabankalan on small scale mining and the sub-national EITI project in Negros Occidental
- DENR, MGB RO-6 dialogues with the SBs and SPs on mining laws and regulations and geohazard maps
- “Ikaw kag Ang Imo Palibot” tackles MGB permit issuance requirements and statistical reports